La Crimson Femme
Review: Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn
★★★★ @AuthorJuliaQuinn #TenThingsILoveAboutYou
In hommage to the recurring motif in this historical romance:
Ten Things You Should Know About This Book
1. Sebastian Grey is sexier, wittier, more charming, and more gentlemanly than a newly popular Mr. Grey.
2. Annabel Winslow is a refreshing ingenue who is adorable.
3. Annabel Winslow's grandmother is a badass who shalt not be messed with.
4. Sebastian's cousins are delightful and supportive.
5. The London Ton is an excellent representation of our current celebrities from Hollywood and politicians from DC.
6. The dry humour in here makes me laugh.
7. Now I remember why I loved Ms. Quinn's books and found them to be delicious.
8. This dire situation Annabel finds her in is wonderfully balanced by supportive people in the most unlikely of places.
9. Writing romance no matter which century appears to be underappreciated and "shameful".
10. When I grow up I want to be like Annabel's Grandmother.
This book started out a bit slow for me and quickly picks up the pace. This is a beautifully written book that reminds me of why I used to love historical romances. Ms. Quinn's turn of phrase is elegant and refreshes my mind with not oft-used words that I love. Her characters are delightful. I loved Sebastian's background. His time as a soldier makes his current behaviours understandable and intensely meaningful. His responses invoke powerful emotions of protectiveness and perhaps melancholy. Annabel's sweet and straightforward disposition is a winning combination. Her cleverness is a perfect match for Sebastian. Watching these two fall in love is sweet.
This historical romance is highly recommended for a feel-good time with a happily ever after.